Leisure and activities :
Forcalquier and its environs offer many recreational activities.
- Whether for tourism or sports, tailor your stay to your mood and physical condition.
- A swimming pool and 4 tennis courts are at your disposal at the city sport centre.
- The lakes of Vannades and Buissonades (20km) offer parents and children the opportunity to relax with a variety of activities: swimming, pedalos, canoeing, kayaking and fishing.
- Circuits of various length and level allow every biker to visit the colourful and picturesque villages along the Provence roads, from the Ventoux to the Montagne de Lure and the Luberonarea.
- Walkers and hikers will discover the flora and fauna of Provence thanks to a selection of trails around the Forcalquier – Montagne de Lure area,
- Equestrian centres offer beginners and experienced riders horseback excursions beyond the established trails,
- Lovers of old stones will discover typical villages, unique historical sites and a large selection of tours and visits:• From the Gorges du Verdon to the Gorges d’Oppedette,
• The Ocres du Luberon of the Contadour region, the area that Jean Giono (French writer) wrote about,
• The priory of Ganagobie, Salagon and the Sauvan castle,
• Take the opportunity to observe the stars and learn how to recognise them from the observatory of Haute Provence with its infinite view on stars.
- And finally our beautiful city of Forcalquier with first of all, his cathedral, citadel and classified cemetery.